Tuesday, June 18, 2024

COPING with GRIEF

 

Psalm 147:3

King James Version

3 He healeth the broken in heart, 

and bindeth up their wounds.


It is a rare person who has not known grief.

Who has not known loss.

Who has not know the passing of a loved one.

Who has not known sadness.

Most of us have gone through it.

Sometimes, many times over.

Where did you get your comfort from?

Who comforted you?

How did you get through those tough times?


Because GOD predestined my life, He prepared me for it.

We were all predestined for something.

It is your duty to know what GOD has for you.

It's only the person who refuses to acknowledge GOD, who gets surprised, angry, or betrayed.

GOD is merciful.

He prepares us for things.


We can only get through grief by believing in JESUS.

By acknowledging the power of GOD, through Him.

By acknowledging His power over our lives.

By being grateful for all grace given.

Without grace, grief would make us perish.


It's been 32 months for me now.

How did I cope?

By writing.

Knowing I was shattered, SPIRIT led me to create a blog.

For myself, as well as for everyone going through grief:

"CONQUERING the LAST enemy"


With every article, was a new discovery.

That blog is RICH in COMFORT.

SPIRIT also made me create this blog you're reading now.

In quietude, I found my peace.

In JESUS, I found my healing.

In Scripture, I found my clarity.

In GOD, I found my strength.

In SPIRIT, I found my truth.


Another blog SPIRIT inspired me to create, for comfort is this:

"Comforting the afflicted"


Sorrow is affliction.

Only through JESUS -- the WORD -- did I manage to survive.

Of course, family, friends, and relatives who cared, helped GREATLY.

We all need the love from everyone around us.

In the same manner, these are the people we need to look after, too.

We may have "lost" others, but there's still each other to care for.

That's what I remind myself constantly.

Before grief takes hold of me too much.

There are others to care for.

LOVE is ALWAYS give, and take.

Even, as in GOD's books, JESUS merely GAVE.

In His desire to save us all.

In conforming with GOD's wishes.


My baby sister remains in my heart forever.

She was my partner in writing.

Actually, there were THREE of us.

JESUS, my sister, and myself.

We had a wonderful time writing each day.

GOD gave me two more bonus years with her.

Mercifully, after He made me born again in 2019.

Of course, I envisioned we'd have each other forever.

But that will come, too.

She is the other half of me, which has gone on to CHRIST.

Ecclesiastes 12:7

King James Version

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth 

as it was: 

and the spirit shall return unto God 

who gave it.


2 Corinthians 5:8

King James Version

8 We are confident, I say, 

and willing rather to be absent from the body, 

and to be present with the Lord.


How can the body's spirit not go back to GOD?

It was He Who gave us the "breath of life":

Genesis 2:7

King James Version

7 And the Lord God formed man 

of the dust of the ground, 

and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; 

and man became a living soul.


I do look forward to this day that JESUS promised:

Revelation 21:1-3

King James Version

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: 

for the first heaven and the first earth 

were passed away; 

and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, 

new Jerusalem, 

coming down from God out of heaven, 

prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, 

Behold, 

the tabernacle of God is with men, 

and he will dwell with them, 

and they shall be his people, 

and God himself shall be with them, 

and be their God.


Revelation 21:4

King James Version

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; 

and there shall be no more death, 

neither sorrow, 

nor crying, 

neither shall there be any more pain: 

for the former things are passed away.


Revelation 21:5

King James Version

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, 

Behold, 

I make all things new. 

And he said unto me, 

Write: 

for these words are true 

and faithful.


Revelation 21:6-7

King James Version

6 And he said unto me, 

It is done. 

I am Alpha and Omega, 

the beginning and the end. 

I will give unto him that is athirst 

of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; 

and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.


Revelation 21:22-26

King James Version

22 And I saw no temple therein: 

for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb 

are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, 

neither of the moon, to shine in it: 

for the glory of God did lighten it, 

and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved 

shall walk in the light of it: 

and the kings of the earth do bring 

their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: 

for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring 

the glory and honour of the nations into it.


Don't you look forward to such a day?

Now you see why Scripture gives me comfort.

All the help you need can be found in CHRIST.

He is the VERY EMBODIMENT of SCRIPTURE.

His work, and gift to us, has been prophesied.

Isaiah 61:1-3

King James Version

61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; 

because the Lord hath anointed me 

to preach good tidings unto the meek; 

he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, 

to proclaim liberty to the captives, 

and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, 

and the day of vengeance of our God; 

to comfort all that mourn;

3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, 

to give unto them beauty for ashes, 

the oil of joy for mourning, 

the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; 

that they might be called trees of righteousness, 

the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.


The Bible, which happens to be JESUS,  offers you real comfort.

But you cannot understand its treasures, unless you're born again.

Only by being born again can the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD teach you.

And explain everything to you.

As He did, with me.

Thus, all the blogs.


GROW in GRACE as you GRIEVE.

TRUST GOD, with all your heart.

LOVE HIM, with all you've got.

He gave us His SON, and SPIRIT.

To save, and comfort us.


JESUS is there for all of us.

We are never alone.

We are never lonely.

We are never forgotten.

Neither shall we forget, all who have gone on.

Ahead of us.

My baby sister's work is done.

Mine has just begun.

Precisely why I'm still here.


Related material:

STRENGTH in the MIDST of GRIEF

OUR times are in GOD's HAND

GOD's LOVE

GOD's MERCY

GOD's GRACE


Image: Jill Wellington on Pixabay


HEALING for Celine

 Psalm 25:14 King James Version 14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him;  and he will shew them his covenant . I am not a fan o...