Monday, August 15, 2022

COMFORT from GRIEF

 

The LORD JESUS said:

Matthew 5:4

King James Version

4 Blessed are they that mourn: 

for they shall be comforted.


How long does it take to grieve?

How long before we go back to normal?

But can things really get back to normal?

What is normal?

Can you paste a smile on your face?

Even after months that a loved one is with JESUS now?

What does it take to grieve?

People who see your suffering, hope you'd move on.

Move on, to what?

You know, like rejoin humanity.

But I was never in humanity.

Sure, I'd go through the motions.

But, more often than not, humanity rides a different train.

They're able to do what I could not.

They're able to find many ways of temporary enjoyment.

I've always sought that which lasts.

The kind that feeds your soul.

The kind that creates peace.

The kind you can share with others.

Since I've been born again over 35 months now, I found that peace.

THROUGH Jesus.

I also know GOD made me born again, for sorrow would come.

My MERCIFUL GOD gave me time to enjoy my sister.

He gave me time to gather strength.

Even a sense of "preparation".

He gave me clues.

A premonition.

When He thought it time to take my baby sister 10 months ago, that nearly destroyed me.

Surely, to the great delight of the enemy.

But that was not to be so.

GOD had a task for me to do.

He did not make me born again, for nothing.

His SPIRIT led me to Scripture.

And from that, we wrote, and warned.

How can we stop?

Now that the world goes about their temporary pleasures even more?

As if, in revenge for those covid times.

Of being kept at home, locked up, not knowing what to think.

In those times, many perished.

Many families grieved.

Many didn't even get to see their loved ones.

For they were kept, and isolated.

Many were cremated.

I can barely imagine the grief of those left behind.

Knowing they shall never see their loved ones again.

At least, on this earth.

Imagine not being able to hold, kiss, or care for your ailing loved one.

Imagine not being able to hold rites properly, for when they passed on.

Imagine not seeing them for the last time.

Just committing their faces to memory.

Even just one more time.

I imagined all that.

I've heard of many such stories.

But GOD was merciful in my case.

And I am grateful for that.

I was able to hold my baby sis, for as long as I was allowed to.

Of course, I never wanted to let her go, ever.

That's why it's painful to grieve.

The tears come, and go.

All that's left are memories.

It's always hardest on us left behind.

I searched Scripture for a verse that would really comfort me.

But the LORD JESUS is merciful.

Knowing I had been searching for a verse about my sister.

He gave me one.

A month after He took her back:

Matthew 5:8

King James Version

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: 

for they shall see God.


My other sister gave me one, too:

2 Corinthians 5:8

King James Version

8 We are confident, 

I say, 

and willing rather to be absent from the body, 

and to be present with the Lord.


How those verses comfort me!

And I think to myself how wonderful that GOD made me born again.

He gave me His SON, His SPIRIT, and His SCRIPTURE.

That I may be comforted for the things to come.

Our days are marked by longing.

To see JESUS.

And to see our loved ones.


What makes things easier?

How can we conquer grief?

How can we keep going?

The only way I know how?

Go THROUGH it.

Go through the tumult.

Go through the storm.

Go through the pain.

JESUS is there to lift us up.

JESUS knows your heart.

Your very tender, raw heart.

The one that bleeds profusely.

The one that misses your loved one.

GOD knows the pain.

He, too, gave us His SON.

He knew what His beloved SON would go through.

How can anyone go through such pain?

How can anyone bear the inevitable?

How can anyone bear your SON's suffering?

Being beaten, taken to trial, crucified, and humiliated?

And yet, people didn't know what they were doing.

They had no idea what they had done.

Luke 23:34

King James Version

34 Then said Jesus, 

Father, 

forgive them; 

for they know not what they do. 

And they parted his raiment, 

and cast lots.


Only GOD, and His SON, knew.

"That Scripture might be fulfilled."

And they had to suffer all that.

It was the GREATEST sacrifice of all.

As I tell you all these, the LORD's lifting sorrow from my heart.

For I'm not the only one suffering.

My family isn't the only one.

We're all in this TOGETHER.

By the GRACE of GOD, we'd all have compassion for each other.

Let us see, THROUGH the eyes of our own suffering GOD.

The ONE who doesn't want any of us to perish.

The ONE who bears all our iniquities.

The ONE who waits for our repentance.

The ONE who waits for our worship.

Let's find TRUTH and COMFORT in JESUS.

Only He can save us from all pain.

Only He can heal our hearts.

JESUS is ALL.


Related material:

BORN AGAIN articles


Image: Unsplash


PREPARATION for pain

  Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version 5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;  and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways ...